'Merica Clothing Company is dedicated to the environmental beauty in which our designs are inspired. Our mission is to not only inspire our peers to seek new adventures within this beautiful country, but to also give back and help maintain our land, rivers, and lakes that we call home.
What is given back?
A portion of the proceeds from national park related items are donated to a corresponding foundation.
We also run various fundraising campaigns for unpredictable needs such as natural disasters. A product line that directly correlates with the impacted region is dedicated to raising funds (e.g. Gulf Coast designs were used to raise funds for Hurricane Harvey relief). 100% of decal, 30% of cap, and 30% of tee proceeds are donated in these events. When you add the item to your cart, you will be prompted to choose the charity you'd like your donation to benefit.
With the incredible support from our customers we have donated over $22,000 to various organizations. As we continue to grow we look forward to increasing our impact by continuing to support our beautiful parks and land across the country.
Western US Wildfire Campaign - Raised over $3,000 donated to the following organizations:
Wildfires have ravaged the Pacific Northwest destroying National Parks, historical buildings, and thousands of homes.
- American Red Cross - California Northwest - (Napa, Sonoma & Yuba area fires) - $1,074.68
- Glacier National Park Conservancy - Sperry Chalet Aciton Fund - $488.05
- Idaho Fish & Wildlife - $207.97
- Idaho Fish & Wildlife - Wildfires! Table Rock/Boise River WMA Recovery - $66.64
- National Forest Foundation - Eagle Creek Fire Restoration Fund - $1,266.44
Hurricane Irma Relief Campaign - over $2,000 donated to the following organizations:
In the wake of Hurricane Irma affecting millions, this campaign was dedicated to raising funds to provide relief to the victims of this devastating natural disaster.
- American Red Cross - Hurricane Irma - $621.94
- Direct Relief - Hurricane Irma - $750.45
- Operation USA - Hurricane Irma Relief - $133.61
- Save the Children - Hurricane Irma Children's Relief - $406.05
- United Way - Irma Relief Fund - $130.37
- World Vision - Hurricane Irma Disaster Relief - $127.26
Hurricane Harvey Relief Campaign - over $11,300 donated to the following organizations:
In the wake of Hurricane Harvey affecting millions, this campaign was dedicated to raising funds to provide relief to the victims of this devastating natural disaster.
- American Red Cross - Hurricane Harvey - $2,290.80
- Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County - $982.60
- Feeding Texas - $1,627.80
- Texas Diaper Bank - $1,297.60
- The Greater Houston Community Foundation - $2,242.60
- The SPCA of Texas (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) - $2,952.60
GSMNP Wildfire Campaign - Over $6,000 donated to Friends of the Smokies in order to help restore lands destroyed by the wildfires that took place in late November 2016.
Why do we only donate 30% of cap and tee proceeds?
We are a for profit business that specializes in the design and creation of apparel and accessories. We are a very small team and each of us relies on the income from our work and products sold in order for us to make a living and provide for our families.
Even though we have to cover our business expenses and living expenses we still have a special place in our hearts to give back to the community, those in need, and help maintain and restore our beautiful natural resources nation wide. We have made it our initiative to not only build a business that is profitable, but one that provides a positive impact.
We originally ran a campaign last year to help restore the Great Smokies from the wildfire devastation and more recently the destruction of the hurricanes in the Gulf Coast and South. Through these campaigns we have had thousands of people thank us and provide us positive feedback on our efforts. Together we have raised and donated thousands to these various efforts. It has also created a culture where folks simply reach out to us and ask us to help out and raise money for various events.
These specific relief campaigns are above and beyond our normal effort to raise and donate money. They are targeted towards folks who want to purchase our products already - without the need to donate a portion of the proceeds. We strongly encourage anyone who wants to specifically donate 100% to make a direct donation as that cuts out all product costs and puts the most money towards the effort.